GenBody COVID-19 Ag Test
Detection kit for SARS-CoV-2 antigen
The pandemic of COVID-19 has been already announced by WHO (World Health Organization). The symptoms off COVID-19 are diverse, but generally include fatigue, fever, cough, loss of smell and taste and breathing difficulties. The symptoms of COVID-19 start to show in the period of 1 to 14 days after exposure to the virus. even though the molecula test (RT-PCR) has become the standard method for the diagnosis of this desease, a lot of clinic systems need more sumple and convenient methods due to several limitations of molecular test.
GenBody COVID-19 Ag is an immunochromatographic assay kit for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigen in nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swab from human. This kit is simply used to detect the SARS-CoV-2 virus, providing results in 10 to 20 mins. One of the best advantages of this kit is inexpensive despite high sensitivity and specificity.
Interpretation Of The Results
Diagnosis of GenBody COVID-19 Ag Kit For The SARS-CoV-2 Variants
- Current variants of SARS-CoV-2: mainly mutated in spike protein (SP).
- Total 23 mutated positions by SNPs (single-nucleotide polymorphisms) or deletion.
- Very less or none mutations of the nucleoprotein (NP) of SARS-CoV-2.
- Target protein of GenBody COVID-19 Ag is NP of SARS-CoV-2 in human respiratory specimens. => No effect to diagnose from these kinds of SARS-CoV-2 variants.
- In summary, GenBody COVID-19 Ag can surely detect the current variants of SARS-CoV-2.
- Leonid Y. et al, Structural and functional analysis of the D614G SARS-CoV-2 spike protein variant. Cell (2020)183. p739-751.
- Andrew R. et al, Preliminary genomic characterization of an emergent SARS-CoV-2 lineage in the UK defined by novel set of spike mutations. nCoV-2019 Genomic Epidemilology (2020)